The Society operates the Canberra Miniature Railway as a service to the community.
The Canberra Miniature Railway is situated at the end of Jerrabomberra Avenue, Symonston and is open to the public on the second and last Sundays of each month. Public running will commence at 10:00pm and cease at 2:30pm.
Passengers are taken on an approximately 700 metre journey from the station on the Yerrabi line, through the junction, out to the Causeway bridge and on up the hill where the passengers get a birds eye view over the site before returning to the Monaro Road station, usually taking about ten minutes. A second track, the Mura line, is also usually available which is a smaller train and has a tunnel.
A mixture of steam, electric and petrol powered model locomotives are used. Not every type of locomotive may be available on every running day.
Passengers 3 yrs and older are charged for rides
Single ticket ride $4.00 each.
An All-Day unlimited ride ticket is available for $15.00
EFT Facilities are available for ticket sales and also food and drinks from the canteen if required
Birthday parties can be booked but space is limited and bookings should be made well in advance.
A non-refundable booking fee of $30.00 is required to be paid to secure the booking. Booking Fee covers table, chairs and access to a shared gas barbecue PLUS ONE UNLIMITED RIDE TICKET.
All other rides are at normal ticket prices.
For party bookings, please phone 1300 731 954.
- Passengers under 4 yrs must be accompanied by an adult to ensure that they remain safely seated. All passengers must face towards the front of the train.
- Passengers must be seated – Sorry, no babes in arms.
- Enclosed footwear MUST be worn AT ALL TIMES. Sandals/Thongs ARE NOT permitted.
- Passenger’s feet MUST at all times be within the wells or on the the side-boards of the carriage.
- Passengers MUST NOT leave the train without permission from one of the CSMEE members.
- Passengers MUST NOT lean out of the train to grab any plants, rocks, hats, signals, etc. Catching a limb, foot or hand underneath the train could cause serious bodily harm.
- Smoking is NOT permitted on trains. Heavy bags should not be carried and eating whilst riding is discouraged. Alcohol is NOT permitted on trains.
- We reserve the right deny admission into the grounds or access onto a train to ask passengers to get off the train or leave the site if they may be causing a safety hazard or endangering others.
How to Find Us
The railway is situated at the end of Jerrabomberra Avenue, Symonston..