The Society operates the Kingston Miniature Railway as a service to the community.
Situated in Geijera Place. off Cunningham Street Kingston, the miniature railway is adjacent to the ARHS Railway Museum.
Open to the public on the second Sunday of each month from 10.30pm to 230pm and the last Sunday of each month from 10.30 am to 2.30 pm, passengers are taken on a 900 meter journey through the railway museum, usually taking about ten minutes.
A mixture of steam and petrol powered model locomotives are used.
Passengers 3 yrs and older are charged for rides
Single ticket ride $3.00 each
An All-Day ticket is available on both days for $15.00
EFT Facilities are available for ticket sales
Birthday parties can be booked but space is limited and bookings should be made well in advance
A non-refundable booking fee of $30.00 is required to be paid to secure the booking. Booking Fee covers table, chairs and access to a shared gas barbecue.
All rides are at normal ticket prices.
For party bookings, please phone 1300731954.
- Passengers under 4 yrs must be accompanied by an adult to ensure that they remain safely seated
- Passengers must be seated – Sorry, no babes in arms
- Enclosed footwear MUST be worn AT ALL TIMES. Sandals/Thongs ARE NOT permitted.
- Passenger’s feet MUST at all times be within the wells or on the the side-boards of the carriage.
- Passengers MUST NOT leave the train without permission from one of the CSMEE members.
- Passengers MUST NOT lean out of the train to grab any plants, rocks, hats, signals, etc. Catching a limb, foot or hand underneath the train could cause serious bodily harm.
- Smoking is not permitted on trains.
- We reserve the right to deny admission into the grounds or onto the train, ask to get off the train or ask to leave from the site, any person who may be causing a safety hazard or endangering others.
How to Find Us
The railway is situated in Geijera St. Kingston, adjacent to the Railway Museum.