The Society operates the Canberra Miniature Railway as a service to the community.
The Canberra Miniature Railway is situated at the end of Jerrabomberra Avenue, Symonston and is open to the public on the second and last Sundays of each month. Public running will commence at 10:00pm and cease at 2:30pm with a half hour break at for lunch.
Passengers are taken on a 700 meter journey from the station, through the junction, out to the Causeway bridge and on up the hill where the passengers get a birds eye view over the site before returning to the station, usually taking about ten minutes.
A mixture of steam and petrol powered model locomotives are used.
Passengers 3 yrs and older are charged for rides
Single ticket ride $3.00 each
An All-Day ticket is available on both days for $15.00
EFT Facilities are available for ticket sales
Birthday parties can be booked but space is limited and bookings should be made well in advance
A non-refundable booking fee of $30.00 is required to be paid to secure the booking. Booking Fee covers table, chairs and access to a shared gas barbecue.
All rides are at normal ticket prices.
For party bookings, please phone 1300731954.
- Passengers under 4 yrs must be accompanied by an adult to ensure that they remain safely seated
- Passengers must be seated – Sorry, no babes in arms
- Enclosed footwear MUST be worn AT ALL TIMES. Sandals/Thongs ARE NOT permitted.
- Passenger’s feet MUST at all times be within the wells or on the the side-boards of the carriage.
- Passengers MUST NOT leave the train without permission from one of the CSMEE members.
- Passengers MUST NOT lean out of the train to grab any plants, rocks, hats, signals, etc. Catching a limb, foot or hand underneath the train could cause serious bodily harm.
- Smoking is not permitted on trains.
- We reserve the right to deny admission into the grounds or onto the train, ask to get off the train or ask to leave from the site, any person who may be causing a safety hazard or endangering others.
How to Find Us
The railway is situated at the end of Jerrabomberra Avenue, Symonston..